MAK GSP Rescue
How Does The Adoption Process Work?
1. If you live in MO, AR, or KS, the first step in an adoption with MAK GSP Rescue is to complete an adoption application, which you can submit online. If you live outside of our area of adoption, please visit our national rescue site to find your local GSP rescue to learn more about adoption options closer to you: https://www.gspca.org/Rescue/regional.html
2. We will contact your veterinarian in regards to your pets history with routine health care and overall responsibility with pet ownership. In some cases, your veterinarian will require your permission to release the information that we need.
3. Once your application has been reviewed and your references contacted, one of our rescue volunteers will contact you via phone or email. Please be patient with us as we are an all volunteer organization.
4. If the phone interview and vet check are acceptable, the next step in the process is to arrange a date and time for a volunteer to come to your home to perform a home visit.
5. Once all of the above steps are completed and the home is approved, MAK GSP Rescue will endeavor to help your family make a great match.
6. The length of time the adoption approval process may take can vary on the schedules and availability of the volunteers and the applicant.
Once you’ve applied it generally takes two business for our volunteers to make contact with your vet reference and personal references.
Puppy 8 weeks to 6 months - $400
Puppy 6 months to 1 year - $350
Dog 2 to 8 years - $250
Dog 8-10 years - $150
Any Dog over 10 years - A Donation of Your Choice